CONSIDER A CAREER AT DIAMETER SERVICES
Job Title: Director, Program Management
Department / Group: Program Management
Location: Home Office, Client Sites across North America
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hiring Manager: Brayden Doody
Job Category: Director
Position Type: Full Time
Travel: Required. 15-25%, across North America
Date Posted: March 29, 2021
Posting Expires: When Filled
Application Accepted By:
Subject Line: Application – Project Consultant
Diameter Services is a niche consulting company that provides specialized water expertise and guidance to municipalities and water utilities across North America. Dedicated to Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI), Automated Meter Reading (AMR) and Water Meter consulting services, our team has earned our position in the water market as an industry leader in business case development, procurement, and project implementation best practices.
Our team is highly strategic in its composition which sets us apart in this specialized consulting work. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our specialized team who enjoy a dynamic, fast paced, and growing environment.
Reporting to the Vice President, the qualified Director of Program Management will have experience managing a team with a proven track record of success. He or she will act in a consulting capacity on major projects with capital budgets ranging from several million dollars to several 100 million dollars. They will be responsible for providing senior leadership and guidance to our clients as well as the Program Management team. They will work closely with the Vice President to establish a PMO and continue to enhance the policies and procedures of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the Program Management team towards achieving their overall project objectives. They will also have very strong crisis management skills, a strong project management background, with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, delegate, and be adaptable in this evolving position.
High quality deliverables are essential to the reputation and growth of Diameter Services, and the Director of Program Management is accountable on ensuring this is a reality. This leadership role will evolve as the company continues to expand and the Director may be required to take on additional responsibilities to meet the needs of this growing business.
- Daily program management across the business group;
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of Project Consultants;
- Provide guidance and mentorship to motivate staff and drive maximum performance;
- Manage and utilize resources across multiple projects;
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements where required;
- Manage the key program documents and procedures;
- Monitor KPI’s across multiple projects;
- Manage the overall program’s budget;
- Communicate and maintain relationships with clients, business partners and vendors;
- Support with the development and execution of the company’s business strategies;
- Support with Business development efforts;
- Ensure company policies and procedures are communicated and that they are followed;
- Attend conferences and training (as required) to maintain proficiency;
- Perform other related duties as required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience as a Director or other managerial positions
- Thorough understanding of Advanced Metering, Meter Data Management and Utility business processes and practices.
- Strong experience in Project Management
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Visio)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Data management, mining and analysis
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, as required
- Ability to travel within North America
- Valid G driver’s license
- The primary work location will be at a home office.
- Travel to client locations across North America (when appropriate), typically 2 to 3 days per visit, 1-3 times / quarter.
- Diameter Services will arrange for applicable visas when working in the United States and abroad.
Diameter Services will provide the following:
- Desk, chair and office supplies (if required)
- Laptop computer, two monitors, docking station and accessories
- Home Internet
- Colour laser printer
Diameter Services will provide the following: