CONSIDER A CAREER AT DIAMETER SERVICES
Job Title: Project Consultant
Department / Group: Program Management
Location: Home Office, Client Sites across North America
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hiring Manager: Brayden Doody
Job Category: PCI, PCII, PCIII
Position Type: Full Time
Travel: Required. 15-26%, across North America
Date Posted: March 29, 2021
Posting Expires: When Filled
Application Accepted By:
Subject Line: Application – Project Consultant
Diameter Services is a niche consulting company that provides specialized water expertise and advice to municipalities and water utilities across North America. Dedicated to Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI), Automated Meter Reading (AMR) and Water Meter consulting services, our team has earned our position in the water market as an industry leader in business case development, procurement and project implementation best practices.
Our team is highly strategic in its composition which sets us apart in this specialized consulting work. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our specialized team who enjoy a dynamic, fast paced and growing environment.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the qualified Project Consultant will have experience managing projects with a proven track record of success. He or she will act in a consulting capacity on projects with capital budgets ranging from several million dollars to several 100 million dollars. They will be responsible for planning, managing and delivering projects according to strict contract specifications and industry standards. The successful candidate will ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, on budget and with a high degree of customer satisfaction. Familiarity with the industry and the field concepts, practices and procedures are considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, delegate, and be adaptable in this evolving position. The Project Consultant will face new challenges daily as projects may differ in size, scope and team composition. While Diameter will empower the Project Consultant to apply their existing skill sets to his or her projects, Diameter supports a strong mentorship program and offers opportunities for career development through further education and personal development.
This role will be given a fair degree of latitude to make sound decisions, by relying on their judgement and experience, with support from the leadership team, when required. High quality deliverables are essential to the reputation and growth of Diameter Services, and the Project Consultant role plays an integral part in achieving this goal. The role will evolve as the company continues to expand and the Project Consultant may be required to take on additional responsibilities to meet the needs of this growing business.
- Direct and manage project deliverables from beginning to end;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers;
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for seamless execution of projects;
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
- Use and continually develop leadership skills;
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members;
- Develop a detailed project plan in (Microsoft Project) to monitor and track progress;
- Identify and manage project dependencies;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget and with high quality deliverables;
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project budget;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion;
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations;
- Track project performance and milestones, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term project goals;
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques (Dashboard Reporting);
- Identify trends through data analyses;
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Attend conferences and training (as required) to maintain proficiency;
- Perform other related duties as required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multitasking and prioritizing
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Visio)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preference for candidates with an understanding of Advanced Metering, Meter Data Management and Utility business processes and practices
- Experience in the water meter industry or working with municipalities and utilities
- Data management, mining and analysis
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, as required
- Ability to travel within North America
- Valid G driver’s license
- The primary work location will be at a home office.
- Travel to client locations across North America (when appropriate), typically 2 to 3 days per visit, 1-2 times per month.
- Diameter Services will arrange for applicable visas when working in the United States and abroad.
Diameter Services will provide the following:
- Desk, chair and office supplies (if required)
- Laptop computer, two monitors, docking station and accessories
- Home Internet
- Colour laser printer
- Mobile Phone